Starting the Journey

Starting the Journey
This is how I started my journey (taken in May 2009)

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Always be prepared for temptation

Temptation!  It’s everywhere!  Literary EVERYWHERE, especially in the office.  Working in an office can prove treacherous for those trying to stay healthy.  There are long days at a computer, stress, and treats. Everywhere I look treats!  Today was like Armageddon of treats.  When I walked into the kitchen with my healthy lunch to stuff in the fridge I saw boxes of bagels, donuts, and pastries in the kitchen.  Quickly running away from the kitchen to the safety of my unhealthy snack-free zone (aka my office) I see e-mails about brownies and pretzels brought in. 

All this unhealthy stuff was brought in to celebrate Nurses’ Week (oh the sweet irony).  I avoided the temptation.  It was easier than I thought.  How do I avoided those chocolate brownies, warm glazed donuts, and toasted bagels smothered in flavored cream cheese?  Was it will power?  Was I simply the strongest willed woman in the office?  Hell no!  It’s because I came prepared. In any way one needs a sword.  For the Food Wars I battle back with healthy/prepared foods.

By having healthy prepared food easily available it makes it easier for me to give the middle finger (so-to-speak) to fatty/sugary foods.  The war isn’t over, but the battle was won today. I walked out of the office feeling proud of myself. 

Food:

                Breakfast – Bowl of Special K Almond Cereal and Banana

                Lunch - Cut up fruit (cherries, strawberries, and grapes), celery sticks with two spoonful’s of peanut butter for dipping, and yogurt

                Afternoon Snack – Single serving of almonds, cashews, and pecans

                Dinner – Turkey Tacos

                Evening Snack – Bowl of Special K cereal

Exercise:  A 20 minute power walk with the puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment