Starting the Journey

Starting the Journey
This is how I started my journey (taken in May 2009)

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What's harder blogging or dieting?


I don’t know what’s harder sticking with a diet or writing a blog?  Both prove to be rather challenging.  A blog requires dedication, time, and preparation.  A diet requires dedication, time, and preparation.  They are extremely similar.  At least in my life they both are tools for me to be healthy and happy.

The blog helps me express myself during this journey.  Much like a fast it helps me purge myself of emotional toxins.  It’s important for me to have voice during this journey.  By having voice I’m sharing my story to not only help others facing similar challenges, but no longer hiding.  For years I hide my story.  By hiding the struggle it became less real.  It allowed me to live in secrecy. 

By putting my truth to actual words and selecting “publish” and posting the link to Facebook I’m taking the next step of sharing my story; holding myself accountable.  Accountability is vitally important in this journey.  Those that are aware will help me along my journey like kindly strangers helping a lost tourist.  When they see me going down wrong paths, they can pull me back.

The trick, though, is making sure I stay true to putting my story down.  It’s important to remain consistent to the blog.  By maintaining consistency with this blog I’m using ritual/patterns to keep me on-track.  Remember diet requires preparation.  Preparation requires time.  It’s important that I schedule time for me to do what I need to do.  It’s important to schedule time to make a healthy lunch, exercise, prepare healthy dinner, shop for healthy food, and do things that help me along my way.

So today after dinner I sit here making sure that I complete my daily preparation by writing this blog. 

Exercise:  30 minute power walk

Food:

                Breakfast:  Bowl of Energy Cereal

                Lunch:  Slice Bell Pepper, Two Cut Celery Stalks, Spoonful of peanut butter, low fat vanilla yogurt

                Afternoon snack:  chocolate chip cookie (naughty girl)

                Dinner:  Three beef ribs and one piece of corn on the cob

No comments:

Post a Comment