Starting the Journey

Starting the Journey
This is how I started my journey (taken in May 2009)

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Here's to being smelly!


Sometimes sweat can feel so good. Hard to say that after a week of 100 degree temps in SoCal, but it’s so true.  This morning I got up and instantly went to work out.  I started with 30 minutes of yoga stretching to wake me up, moved on to 15 minutes of abs/push work, and ended with 30 minutes of HIIT training on the bike.  Now, I’m sweaty and gross. 

Sweaty and gross is sometimes really amazing.  The sweat is a badge of honor of the work I’ve done. It’s my victory dance; the sweat!  It helps me feel like I’ve truly accomplished something.  It’s funny to think that when I was in high school and would take PE classes that the idea of sweating needed to be avoided as possible or that when I walk to work in the morning I’m trying my best not to sweat so I don’t smell during the day.  However, after workouts they are welcomes.  Sometimes I feel like I’ve accomplished my mission even more with eh sweater and the smeller I am!

So here’s to being smelly!

Work out:  30 minutes Yoga, 15 minutes abs/pushups, and 30 minutes HIIT Training on the bike

Food: 

                Breakfast – bowl of energy cereal

                Lunch – sliced bell pepper, yogurt, celery sticks, and spoonful of peanut butter

                Dinner - ??? Going to dinner at Mimi’s Café with friends, so haven’t decided yet 

No comments:

Post a Comment