Starting the Journey

Starting the Journey
This is how I started my journey (taken in May 2009)

Monday, May 5, 2014

No more detour


Some detours are longer than others.  I’ve been on a very long detour to a land of bad choices.  Over the last few months I’ve been making terrible choices when it comes to my health.  Over the last months my dedication to exercise has all but disappeared, I started drinking soda again, and said, “Sure, I’ll have fries with that” too many times than I can count. 

“Why? How?” you may gasp in shock.  After all for so long I was doing so well with my journey. Well, I’ve allowed stress to consume me.  Stress was my excuse.  I was too tired to work out, because I had a long day.  I was stressed and deserved that treat.  I had a rough work and needed to make myself a brownie.  There were so many excuses to why I wasn’t staying true to my journey.  Excuses hide the truth and the truth was that my choices took me away from the most important thing in my life; myself. 

This detour away from me was impeding my journey and could not be allowed to continue.  I had to face the mirror, which nobody likes to do.  I had to see my truth; I was failing.  I hadn’t failed, but I was failing.  The beauty of failing is that it’s a verb; therefore, it’s in motion.  It’s not the end.  It allows for a choice to continue or to change course.  I choose to change course.

Of course, one cannot change course without a map to guide them.  So, I’ve begun my map.  In my true social work nature I’ve developed my own Action Plan to get me to my long term goal; losing 50lbs by June 1, 2015.  How am I going to get there you ask?  Well, I’m embracing a healthy eating plan.  I will pre-plan all my meals.  I will pack healthy lunch/snacks for the work day.  I will make myself eat breakfast each morning.  I have given up soda completely again.  I’ve removed all junk food from my house and office.  Today I even went into my colleague Jen’s office twice and didn’t have a single peanut M&M!  The next step is to get back to my exercise regime.  I will work out at least three days a week after work and power walk at least three days a week for lunch.  Success with half of that plan today!  I got my sweat on after work!  The most important part is keeping myself accountable by continuing to be extremely open about my journey through this blog.

So, I’m back of my journey!

Today’s Food:

                Breakfast:  Glass of Soy Milk, Banana, and Yogurt

                Lunch:  Strawberries, Celery Sticks and Peanut Butter, two piece of cheddar cheese, and single serving of nuts

                Afternoon snack:  Banana and single 100 calorie yogurt crunch snack pack

                Dinner:  Turkey Burger (no bread) and steamed veggies

                Evening Snack:  Bowl of Chocolate Almond Special K cereal

Exercise:  60 minutes of Flow Yoga and 30 minute walk with eh puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment